We had a little scare with him a couple weeks ago. As you know, he has reflux. One Sunday night he was feeling sick with a tummy ache and some horrible diapers of which I will spare you of the details! The entire week he just seemed to get worse and worse. Crying, sleeping, pooping, in horrible pain. I took him to his doctor who was able to see first hand how bad it was. He had me make an appointment with a specialist at Texas Children.
That night things seemed to go from bad to worse. I really started freaking out. I can not explain the pain that Jack was in and how he would scream and thrash his body. It truly was heartbreaking. I called his Dr. back and they moved the Texas Children appointment to the next morning. Now that is a good thing but it also sent me into hysterics. Why were they sending us so soon when the original appointment was weeks away. I knew the made appointments based on the severity and it scared me to death. That afternoon he started throwing up along with everything else, just horrible.
That Thursday night was horrible for that poor baby. Friday morning we head into the specialists office and I could tell things were on the upside. We talked with a wonderful Dr. for a long time while he looked over my perfectly calm, happy child. I couldn't believe it! But I was very happy! It appears that he had a horrible stomach virus, and as you know, they affect little babies way worse than adults. Add that to his reflux and that poor kid was miserable. Thursday when he was so bad, he was probably getting it all out of his system. I felt HORRIBLE that we even went to Texas Children but the Dr. assured me it was the right thing to do. We didn't know what was wrong and you can not be too careful when babies are THAT sick.
Now that that nightmare is over (it really was horrible, but hard to explain!) Jack, Mommy, and Daddy are much better! Jack still has bad days with the reflux and colic but that is mostly in the later part of the day. He loves mornings! (Except this morning when I picked him up I felt a warm liquid running down my back...throw up....lovely. But my son was still smiling away! whatever works for him!)
Jack has been sleeping through the night for over a month now! He goes down anywhere between 9 and 10 and wakes up around 7-730! Lucky mommy and daddy!!!! The other morning I was leaving the house and he was in his grandmas arms and as I started to walk away his little bottom lip went out and he started whimpering! I can't lie and say I didn't LOVE that! It was so precious! First time he had ever done that! Of course I couldn't walk away and when I bent down and started talking to him he literally started laughing. SO FUNNY!
Things Jack is into right now: stretching, smiling, anything his daddy does, cuddling with mommy while I sing nursery rhymes to him, his CDs, going for nightly family walks, bubble baths, staring at sparkly cards from his Aunt Katina, watching his cousin Riley's every move, his bouncy chair, his hands, and sticking his tongue out!
On the big people front things have been really good. Our good friends Peter and Lydia got married and we had the BEST time at their wedding with all of our friends. I have been able to get out a little more and spend time with my girlfriends and that is wonderful! I love you bunnies!
I wanted to thank all of our friends for being so sweet and thoughtful towards Jack when he was sick. We were so worried and y'all were so sweet. It meant a lot to me and Kenny. Thank you!
Kenny is still busy at work and I am super busy with Jack and now working part time! I never knew I could have this much energy!
When Jack was a little over a month old we had professional pictures taken and I never posted them so I am going to share some of our favorites with you! All the beautiful pictures were taken by Jennifer Fails Photography.
Love to you all!
xoxo
Tam















Great update! I LOVE the professional pics you posted! Those are adorable!! So many good ones to choose from!
ReplyDelete