Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Jack's Summer

This post is not really in order. I have some catching up to do with our family trips we have taken this summer. I feel like we went nonstop until after the 4th of July. Now that we are home Jack and I are getting back into our summer routine. This is pretty much our day:
- Sleep in!!!
- Cook breakfast together; either pancakes, french toast, eggs, sausage
- Play/run errands
- Nap time for Jack while mom fanatically tries to clean out a closet, work on school work or plan an event. Basically trying to get my summer to-do list down!
- Eat lunch
- Read books
- Play outside or go to the pool
- End of day we always play with the neighbors
- Cook and eat dinner
- Bath time
- Quiet time every night is read books on the couch, then we go to Jack's room read 2 more books, momma sing time and bed time for Jack

Pretty much the perfect day!
We started going to the library once every two weeks because we were getting so many books. But we read so much that we have to go once a week now. Jack loves it and Kenny and I love taking him! It really is a great family bonding experience. Kenny and I love "quiet time" each night where there is no TV, no toys, just the family sitting on the couch reading. Jack is obsessed with books and I LOVE it (true teacher in me!)

Because we play outside with the neighbors every day, who are older, Jack has really wanted a bicycle. Jack LOVES not just bikes but motorized vehicles. Scares the crap out of me! Daddy loves it! My mom recently bought Jack a really neat Kawasaki bike. He is obsessed with it! Cutest thing ever, he only likes to ride the bike with his coal mining hat on!

Jack loves to call out to me. If he wants to tell me something, get my attention, or if I am in another room and he needs me, he yells out "Momma!" Sometimes he sounds a bit like Stewie on Family Guy going, "Mom, Momma, Mom, Momma, Mommy!" Its so cute. As soon as I answer him, he babbles away! 

Another thing Jack likes to do is pose for pictures that we will send to "Dadda" when Dadda is away on for work. Its really sweet! 
We love summer!

Busy Reader!
Always rides the 4wheeler with his coal mine hat on!
Our angel!

No comments:

Post a Comment